Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

3050 was doing feather stitch - it just locked up - won't let

Customer Question

3050 was doing feather stitch - it just locked up - won't let needle come up at all
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: was sewing quilt as you go - 1 layer of fabric, 1 very thin poly and other layers of cotton fabric - then I was top stitching as I always do and it just locked up - machine set up to sew at middle speed. - checked no thread hung up where you can see
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This can happen if the mechanism has jammed due to a buildup of lint, or if a thread has become caught and entangled around the mechanism.The machine will need to be serviced by disassembling it and cleaning around the mechanism to remove whatever is blocking it, or fixing any broken parts that you find.If you are not familiar with the servicing of this machine, let me know your zip code and I can recommend a repairer in your area.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
64658 is my zip
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Ok, your nearest service center is in Columbia:Boone Service Center1414 Rangeline St Ste E,Columbia, MO 65201(573)(###) ###-####
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?