Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I just purchased a Janome HD 1000 sewing machine. The needle

Customer Question

I just purchased a Janome HD 1000 sewing machine. The needle will not go up and down when I press the foot pedal. I can turn the handwheel manually and cause it to go up and down. All it does is hum or buzz and not move when I push the foot pedal. I have made sure the bobbin winder is not engaged. There is no tangled thread in the bobbin area. The clutch, as far as I can tell, is engaged - after all I can move it manually. It isn't a mis-threading issue because it happens threaded and unthreaded and it appears to be threaded correctly. Any idea how to make it work? I've heard some suggestions that a belt may be loose/tight, but I have no idea how to check on this model.
Thank you very much!
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Since this is a new purchase, it should be returned for repair, rather than attempt the repair yourself which would invalidate the warranty.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?