Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

The hand wheel on my singer 1732 will not turn.

Customer Question

Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Removing the covers would void the warranty. Given that Singer warranties are very long compared to other companies', I would definitely not do that. Thread should not be wrapped around anything, unless you lost a whole spool or bobbin's worth in the works at some time. (Think back... might that have happened? if so, it would have to have been relatively recently, for it to trouble the machine now.) Nor could thread wrapped around anything obstruct the works, since it's not very strong, unless quite a lot got into the machine. It is unfortunately more likely that a joint or linkage in the mechanical works of the machine has become jammed up, causing the rotation of the works to cease. How old is your Singer machine? measured from date of purchase.Where are you located, roughly? by zip code, or by town/city and state.