Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

I have an irobot 4210. The battery is new and I know it works

Customer Question

I have an irobot 4210. The battery is new and I know it works as it will power another 4210 and will accept a charge. The power light will not come on whether the vacuum is on or off the charger. the battery fits correctly and the contacts are clean. Any ideas?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Open the iRobot device, as if to do a routine cleaning. Actually do a routine cleaning. Make sure the interior is clean, and then, as much as you can see, examine and see whether any connections are dirty, or contacts are not clean (e.g. the contacts for the charger, by which it charges the iRobot and its battery), or any circuit or wire is broken. If not wires are broken, nor wires are crossed or shorted, and no components seem fried or melted down or otherwise affected by heating... then it's simply a 'broken' device. Except for one possible thing: Is the charger OK?? because if the battery doesn't charge, and the device doesn't have its power light come On... then could the charger be bad? or does the iRobot device run OK for a time when the battery is placed in it, fully charged? Let me know these details, and I will advise you further as needed. Thanks.