Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

Will not feed material and makes a noise, stays in one swpot

Customer Question

will not feed material and makes a noise, stays in one swpot
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: have checked needle AND THREADING
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: WHEN WE TRY TO SEW IT JUST STAYS IN SAME PLACE
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the feed dogs are not extended, or are not working, it will of course not feed material and the sewing will stay in one spot.Are the feed dogs extended enough up from the machine, that they can grab cloth?And, are the feed dogs moving at all?If not, I suggest putting the machine into bobbin-winding mode, operating it just a little, then taking it out of bobbin-winding mode. Perhaps that will restore normal operating condition. What maker and model # ***** ***** machine?How old is it (measured from original purchase date) ?