Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

Fly wheel will not advance forward

Customer Question

fly wheel will not advance forward
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  koboma replied 7 months ago.

Remove spark plug and see if it will turn. May be fluid on top of piston, from fuel flooding carburetor.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When the flywheel in a sewing machine won't turn, something in the mechanical workings, a linkage perhaps, may have become jammed.

The repair or maintenance shop that did the work is, I think, responsible for this condition, and should be the first to ask to take a look at the problem.

There is not much you can do for such a problem, and you certainly ought not to force the wheel to turn - that may break the machine much worse than it already is broken.

Will the wheel turn by hand in the reverse direction? if so, don't turn it too far, but mention it to the repair person.