Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Dyson DC35 vacuum stick. Although I have floors

Customer Question

I have a Dyson DC35 vacuum stick. Although I have wood floors throughout my home covered with rugs I am not able to vacuum all areas at one time without the vacuum stopping so I can clean it out. Once I start vacuum again it will soon stop unless I take the whole thing apart and THOROUGHLY clean every part of the unit which is very time consuming and annoying.Can you help?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect that the cleaning is not what makes it start running again but the time that the motor may cool down and the thermal protector resets. The next time it stops, just leave it be for an hour and see if it will reset without cleaning or anything. If it does, the motor is likely failing. Let me know what happens.