Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

Hoover vision HD 1400 AAA washing machine keep stoping

Customer Question

hi there
Hoover vision HD 1400 AAA washing machine
keep stoping washing programs and button Time Saver starting to flash
How can I fix this ?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Can you post the full model number please. Also when the lights start to flash you need to count the number of flashes from them in between the pause and let me know. Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hoover Vidion HD 1400 AAA
MOD. VHD 8142-80

Thanks for that. But what about the number of flashes from the lights? Can you check that and let me know please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3 flashes pause 3 flashes (time saver)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have checked everything yesterday. Draining pipe, filter etc. Since yesterday managed to do 2 washings + spin but now have stucked with loads of washing need to speen :(

Thanks for that. 3 flashes is a time out draining fault. Most of the time for this its a blocked pump. You need to remove the plastic trim on the front of the washer towards the bottom.

Remove the filter again and this time look inside the filter chamber an in there at the back you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump up.

If that's all clear then check the waste and were it drains out to. If it goes under a sink then check the pipes there under the sink are not blocked up as well.

But if all the above is fine then its possibley a faulty drain pump here causing the fault. For this fault you will need to replace the drain pump and hopefully that will fix it.

As for the 3 flashes this is a time out draining error code.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Filter inside checked, draining pipe and waste checked all clear.
Also now is swithing off main fuse box

Ok if its fusing the electrics then this could possibley be down to the wash heater at the back of the drum. As if this fails to earth then it can create the E3 error code which you have.

So try this and see what happens. Remove the back panel of the washer and there you will see the heater in the back of the drum towards the bottom. Disconnect the wires on there and tape them up.

Then turn the washer back on and see if it stops the tripping out. Then retry it on a rinse and spin and see if ti goes through ok with out the flashing lights. If it does the the wash heater is the fault here and will need to be replaced.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the oven as the question is still open?

If you need anymore info just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer i gave then it will close the question.

Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
never had a problem with the oven
it was washing machine
we will call specialist
Sorry that was a typo I did mean to put washer.I'm sure they will sort it out for you then.