Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Panasonic SD-2501 breadmaker and mostly use it to

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic SD-2501 breadmaker and mostly use it to make the Rye and Wholemeal Bread. We find that there are always about 3 tablespoons of dry flour (sometimes more, sometimes less) pressed into the loaf at the corners, BUT ONLY ON ONE SIDE OF THE BREAD. It almost looks as if the dough is only mixed properly on one side. We have increase the water from 380 ml to 400 ml
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there may be an issue with the motor that is causing problems rotating in both directions. Have you noticed any grinding or clicking noises that were not there when it was working well? Or, has this been an issue since new?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No clicking or grinding noises - it has been an issue since new
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I would add small amounts of water gradually and see if the results improve. It is not uncommon to see this but adding a bit more moisture may help to curtail it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Adding more moisture (even to the point of having a soggy loaf) makes absolutely no difference. Why only on the one side? we loose the last 3 -4 slices on account of this problem
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, so there is probably little to be done at this point. As far as why only one side, it is due to the direction of the kneading at the start of the process. Do you add the water first and then the flour?