Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dirt dog (I know they aren't made now) has new brushes

Customer Question

My dirt dog (I know they aren't made now) has new brushes and the motor runs great, but it doesn't pick up anything. Suggestions?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

What is the model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dirt dog 400 series. I think the gear that drives the rollers is broken or jammed . I gave cleaned everything so nothing is impeding its ability to move
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You can call me at(###) ###-####

A phone call costs more to do, let me see if another expert can do that right now as I am unable to at the moment.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I suspect it may be plugged internally and will need to be disassembled and cleaned. That may also expose the issue that may be causing the brush not to turn. The service manual attached should help with that. I don't have too much first hand experience with these but do have that manual I thought would help.