bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a robot 550 pet series. I keep getting Error 5, when

Customer Question

I have a robot 550 pet series. I keep getting Error 5, when using the Dock to charge. If I connect directly from the charger through the port it shows charge quickly, while its not charged. Do I have a Battery problem?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

You have done all the things that I would have done already, You now have to check the output of the charger to be sure that that is working correctly ie giving out the listed voltage or slightly above the listed value. If that is OK then yes you have a faulty battery.

Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Do come back to me if you require further help. Thank You for using JA and have a great evening.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What Voltage should the output Be???
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When the Roomba is docked it starts to charge and the ***** *****ght flashes for a good 15-20 minutes prior to the error % showing up and the voice states the same.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
oops%= 5
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

If you have a look on the transformer it should state it there, But it is 22.5 volts DC at 1.25 amps