johnnn40
johnnn40, Architect
Experience:  25 plus years experience in the repair of all types of domestic and commercial appliances.
22250861

My miele built in coffee maker won't heat up

Customer Question

my miele built in coffee maker won't heat up
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its been over 24 hours.... just want to make sure someone is working on my question. Thanks.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

All electric coffee makers have a heat sensitive fuse wired into the power wire for the heat element. It's located at the element itself, and it's designed to open up, if the element gets too hot. It probably needs to be replaced. You'll need to contact the service department at Miele.com to get instructions for removing the coffee maker from its case, in order to gain access to the fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to test this fuse, or the heater element itself using the Miele diagnostics? Is this fusable wire a separate part from the heating element, i.e. can it be purchased and replaced on its own?
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

You can test both for continuity, using an ohm meter. Parts are available from Miele, or an internet website.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey John,
I tested the fuse and the element, and both had continuity. Any other suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the Miele cva615. When I turn it on the display says "warming up" as it always does, but usually, after a minute or two, it rinses the system with hot water, and then displays "select product". Now it just stays on "warming up" indefinitely
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me find some trouble shooting information, and I'll get back to you.

Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

I've found an extensive service manual at www.fperkins.com/images/articles/mieli-coffee-cva615-servicemanual.pdf. I've yet to find a parts list for the unit. I'll keep trying, and get back to you, when I find one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the manual I have been using. I took another look, and I may have been testing the steam heater, not the coffee heater. I will check it out and get back to you.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the main coffee heater and tested the fused wire, and the two heating elements, and all had continuity. I already had gone thru all the diagnostic protocol in the manual, and didn't come up with anything wrong. Not sure what to check next.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know what else to do either. Might I suggest that you ask one of our law experts about this matter? Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the law expert suggestion. I got my questions mixed up. If you haven't discussed your problem with one of the factory technicians, you might want to call the company's phone number. It's(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called them today. They were also unable to come up with a conclusive answer.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

The only option left to an owner is to use the company service dealer locator at www.mieli.com to find an authorized service dealer in the area where you live.