Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

My Bernina 580 gives me the error that means it us out of

Customer Question

My Bernina 580 gives me the error that means it us out of thread. I am not. I have retreaded several times, changed the spool and even the bobbin to no avail. Please help . This is only my second time using my new machine.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you have followed all instructions, in detail, when threading the machine, then you either have

1. a sticking mechanical sensor that is not registering the thread, or more likely

2. a defective machine, in circuitry, in control circuits, etc.

Either way, since it is a new machine, you should pack it up and return it promptly, for a refund or else for an exchange for another new machine of equal or equivalent value and capabilities. This should be done ASAP, at the store you bought it from, and with the sales slip in hand (or a copy of it, in case you need to hand it out... you might need the original sales slip also.