kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I have a Kenmore evaporative humidifer (3.9 gal) model

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore evaporative humidifer (3.9 gal) model 15412. It's about three years old. I can't find the user manual (searched the web). My problem is the button and display for fan speed does not change the fan speed and the fan speed display is blank. The lower display switches between showing current humidity and a blinking F. The tank is full of water. Seems like something is out of sync.
Is there a reset function to clear the logic? I have unplugged power and waited several minutes then restarted but the problem continues.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  woody463 replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
I need the model number off of the unit itself.

All Kenmore model numbers are 10 digits long and look like this 123 .(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a Kenmore evaporative humidifier (3.9 gal) model 15412. I think it may have a number 758.15408
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please cancel my order. This web site is a scam. You keep asking for more money. I am going to call Sears. I feel I got trapped by your dialogue.

here`s the manual for the unit!

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/758154080-kenmore-parts-humidifier-manual?pathRender=fromManualTabPage

this unit has no replaceable electronic control board if it fails the manufacture just replaces it when under warranty they do not even work on them they just throw it away

So make sure that your turning it on and waiting for it to calibrate itself