RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

I filled my pressure cooker, the Power Pressure Cooker XL 10

Customer Question

I filled my pressure cooker, the Power Pressure Cooker XL 10 Quart, after releasing the pressure manually the lid will not unlock. Is there a way to unlock the lid safely?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the long delay

You might need to call the manufacturer directly. Customer service number for them is 973.....287....5169 Below is some information that may help.....

If there is steam coming out the sides and the Pressure Valve on top of the Lid is in the Lock position, then the Lid has not seated. This sometimes happens when the unit is new. If the gasket is in place try pushing down on the Lid. This should seal the Lid and the steam should stop coming out. It is also important to be sure the Float Valve is assembled correctly. Incorrect assembly may cause steam to come out the sides or prevent pressure from building. The Float Valve should be able to move up and down freely only stopping when the silicon gasket meets the Lid. It is however normal for condensation to appear in the condensation collector.