Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have an Electrolux Ultra Active vacuum and the roller on

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux Ultra Active vacuum and the roller on the power head doesn't go around. I had some carpet wrapped around it and after removing it it no longer works. How do I repair this?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

there is a drive belt for it ........are you handy at all ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not the best but I think we can handle that.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

Okay we will go slow and a step at a time turn the power head upside down to work on it look for a catch release to unhinge the chrome part and expose the sweep..............that sweep will easily lift out you can vacuum and clean the sweeper brush good............look for a 4 dimpled or grooved roller piece on one end that makes the sweeper rotate.............plug the nozzle into the power head and turn it on and see if that piece turns when you do...........if not then we have to change the belt and it gets a little more complicated ............there should be 6 screws with a torx drive you need to take them out and unclip the plastic bottom to expose the motor.................let me know how you are making out with this so far

eddie