Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

Why does my singer xl 400 lose communication with my pc

Customer Question

why does my singer xl 400 lose communication with my pc after it starts the project (embroidery) I am working on? My computer gives me a window stating I need to turn my xl 400 power switch on or check usb connection. This is the second laptop I have tried. It does it with both of my laptops.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check to make sure the power connection or power cord to your Singer machine is not jiggling a little loose as the machine runs.

Then try a different USB cable. Some are defective, even though they don't look like they ought to be defective.

Make sure not to use a very long USB cable - the ones that are over 6 feet long have problems.

And lastly, unfortunately, you might have a machine that has a problem with its USB communication functions. Is the Singer machine capable of interfacing via USB *before* the embroidery project is started? if so, it might not have any USB interface problem at all.