Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I was cleaning my Singer Futura xl-400 and got a piece of

Customer Question

I was cleaning my Singer Futura xl-400 and got a piece of thread out from the top tension mechanism and now it will not sew properly. The top tension is way off.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The top tension parts obviously were either bent (I hope not) or else put out of place. I don't think I can guide you as to which cause made your problem occur... but thinking back on how you removed the thread, you may be able to judge whether you bent any parts.

I suspect that you may have to take the machine to a Singer Authorized Service Center in your region, for minor repairs.

If so, let me know what your local zip code is, so that I may offer you contact information on service shop(s) in your area.