Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I have a singer 1507. I can't get the empty bobbin it came

Customer Question

I have a singer 1507. I can't get the empty bobbin it came with out of the bobbin case. What can I do without ruining the case to get the blank bobbin out?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you removed the bobbin case from the machine first, before attempting to get the bobbin out of it? that often helps.

If your machine has no instruction booklet for it, then I would like to offer you a free source for one, online:

http://www.singerco.com/uploads/download/1287_1507.pdf

Going back to your problem with the bobbin... Singer parts nowadays are not manufactured with as much precision as they used to be, so occasionally a bobbin does not fit a bobbin case, or even a bobbin case not fit a machine. This is a sad state of affairs for sure, to say the least.

If this is - it sounds like it - a new machine, then the bobbin case and bobbin might have been forced into each other by an inept packer-assembler. Do not force them apart! you might break them, and then would be in the wrong.

Instead, if they really (see page 20 of that manual for helpful diagrams) cannot be gotten apart short of breaking (or bending, equally bad) the parts, you should pack the whole machine up again in packaging and return the machine as defective from store or supplier. (Perhaps the store will simply provide a new bobbin-and-bobbin-case... but it's best not to assume so. The whole machine may have to be returned for the sake of an out-of-spec. bobbin, but that's how it goes.) Ask for an exchange for a different but same or similarly valuable Singer machine.