Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

My Roomba 655 will not turn on. light is on, when I push the

Customer Question

my Roomba 655 will not turn on. Green light is on, when I push the clean button she just says "Move Roomba to a new location, then press clean to restart". Will not start to clean.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

That is a common error on the unit, wipe off the cliff sensors and try it, go to this link to see what I am talking about.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already cleaned the cliff sensors but did it again and it still gives the move Roomba message.

You may have a defective cliff sensor then and will need to replace them. Just make sure they are clean and try to remove the battery for 5 minutes and put it back in then try it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that and same thing. I don't think this help is worth $40 since I had already done these things in the first place. I would like my money back.

Do any of the sensors buzz when CLean is pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just same message. Fully charged. How do I get my money back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with this service.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your roomba?

Also does it get a lot of use? And has this happened before?

Thank you

Tech Michael