Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.
21107370

I have a Janome 300e and have owned it least 8 years. I

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is***** have a Janome 300e and have owned it for at least 8 years. I bought it second hand and haven't had any issues with it until today. I have been embroidering for a few hours each of the last 3 days on the same 2 compact flash cards. This morning when I turned on the machine and selected the card, the first few pages of patterns showed up and then there was a long pause with the hour glass displayed. Then came the FAT error. Now I get the error on both cards. I have cleared off both cards and re-inserted both of them and when it tries to reformat the cards I get an error message saying that there is a error in the processing. Of course I am in the middle of a custom order for a client and need to get this done. Thanks, Cyndy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what? I gave you all the details of what happened
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: What is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

That is a processing error and if you have cleared the cards to try it you can only try one last thing shut power off to the unit for 1 full minute to reset everything and then try it again and hopefully it will work. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, nothing has changed by doing that. Same errors

Will it not format the cards?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I've tried both cards and get the same processing error when I click to reformat the cards

Are you using a USB stick and what size is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is a 8mg SanDisk compact flash card in a SanDisk adapter. It is for my Janome 300e embroidery machine. I thought you'd get that information from my initial conversation. What I don't understand is why it worked fine the last few days, nothing has changed. I didn't add anything to the card or do anything different.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it is a 16mg compact flash card memory card

Ok these units can be funny, the adapter could be the issue or the size of the card....Use a 1-2GB card and if possible no adapter and try it. These can be funny about the size of the card or an adapter. Sometimes they will be just fine then BAM not work then if you try a small card they work.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I don't find this any type of answer or solution at all. I have been using this for over 8 years without a single issue. My guess is you don't even know what I am referring to or talking about. Thanks anyway.

Yes I am aware of what you are talking about, but other than a bad processing unit on the machine itself I would try the other suggestions I offered, but obviously you know better than I I take it.