Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

My name its Leticia and my embroidery machine it model #

Customer Question

Hi My name its Leticia and my embroidery machine it model # ***** BC THE EMBROIDERY CONTROLLER ITS NOT RESPONDING WHAT CAN I DO? THANK YOU
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Leticia, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time, but your request is still open for any other Expert in this category nonetheless.)

I'm sorry to hear about the problem, it must be quite upsetting.

Try unplugging the machine from the power, and leaving it that way for at least 1 hour.

If it was powered directly from a power outlet, and had no surge protection whatever, and there was a thunderstorm recently anywhere in the vicinity, it may have been damaged by an accompanying power surge. A power strip with surge protection features, at very least, for every electronic device of any value, is an investment that always pays off in the long run.

I am hoping that it received nothing worse than a slight electrostatic shock, perhaps. (Wearing wool garments while working with an electronic device is for this reason not advisable - woolens gather static electricity even when the air is not dry.) If so, the 'rest-reset' that I have advised you to do, above, may hopefully help it to revive again.

If it still does not respond and does not act correctly or does not function at all, you can either rest-reset it for a longer interval, up to several days... or you can assume fairly reasonably that the machine has 'broken' and needs either repair or replacement. If you have come to that point, please let me know what your zip code is, so that I may recommend local Brother Authorized Repair centers for you, to call and ask about repair charges for your machine at least, for your information, if not necessarily to hire them to do repairs on your machine.

Be it noted, if your machine were under 1 year old, Brother would have to do the repair for free, under warranty.

Let me know how it goes, please... I may have more advice to offer.