Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

Singer sewing machine Model # 4423 Problem: while using a

Customer Question

Singer sewing machine Model # *****
Problem: while using a walking foot, I heard a noise and then was unable to continue sewing. Unable to lift pressor foot. Took the walking foot off but that did not help.
email: ***************
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your sewing machine?

What happens if you lift the handle, is it stuck in the down position and is there anything under the foot like material?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My machine is less than 1 year old.
Unable to lift handle fully
Unable to turn hand wheel.
There is no fabric under the foot.
I also was had been using my walking foot to make buttonhole and then switched to straight stitch. The sound I heard was like I had broken the needle but it was O.K.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. I did some checking and this model did have a quite a few that failed in this way. It sound like there was a part that breaks due to poor metal.

Im sorry you got one of those. They will fix this or replace the entire machine, They will offer you either. If this were me, I would want a replacement machine as the new one they will give to you will not have this problem guaranteed.

They are aware of this issue.

The best place to contact for fastest service is the contact info in the user manual and on the warranty card.

If you cant locate that please let me know and I will give you a # ***** will get you there.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that the additional item on my machine "to push" is also frozen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an elderly person, so, I am not financial able to the additional cost.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi this wont cost you anything simply contact Singer to get a replacement machine: 1-800-4-SINGER (1-***-***-****) Monday – Friday, 8 am to 8 pm.

Please rate my service up top on this page at this time there is no cost to rate kindly, and then I can close that for you.

But you will be able to reach me anytime at no additional cost once you do rate,

Thank you and I wish i had better news for you but they will not charge you for any of that and they will replace your machine ;-)

Tech Michael