Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I bought a new Miele U1 upright vaccum from Miele through

Customer Question

I bought a new Miele U1 upright vaccum from Miele through Amazon. It will nt turn on, and I need to disassemble it to return it. I cannot get the handle off; it snaps into place. Is tehre a release lever somewhere? No YouTube videos on this,
Diane
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

On the back side, just below the cord wrap, remove the flat accessory tool, and then look up into that space where it docks, and you should see a small hole.

You'll take a small screwdriver and push in on that hole/button (you may want a helper for this) while stepping on the front of the vacuum to hold it down, and simultaneously lifting up on the handle to remove it.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is not exactly the same model, but the process is the same for your vac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyloymC31Y