Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a food processor attachment mod KSM2FPA bought on

Customer Question

I have a food processor attachment mod KSM2FPA bought on October 3d.
After using it for 5 times it will not rotate no more. Motor of mixer works fine.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is there any rotation of it at all? Any odd sounds coming from it (grinding/snapping/clicking)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no rotation at all. clicking sound when turn to start
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Do you recall it jamming up at all during the prior usage?

I ask because what you are experiencing indicates that either the internal drive shaft has snapped, or the gears are stripped.

Both of these issues are fairly common, unfortunately, and are the result of a poor design - these drive parts are made of plastic for the gears and soft aluminum for the shaft, so they are damaged pretty easily.

If the discs jam up at all (I've seen this happen just from a tough tomato core or a very fibrous carrot), the torque from the mixer motor causes the gears to just strip out. This can happen too if the speed is too high as the gears can overheat and essentially melt.

No matter the cause though, there is really nothing that can be done at this point other than to replace the unit.

It is new enough fortunately that you should be well within the return policy of most any retailer. So your best recourse here is to contact the seller for a return/exchange.

It would also be covered under the 1 year kitchen aid warranty, but dealing with the seller is going to be much faster and easier.

Overall, unless you are very limited on space and/or budget, you'd be better served with a freestanding self powered food processor that won't fall victim to this type of wear.

I can recommend some other options for you, if you'd prefer to go that route, and have the option of returning/exchanging this one for a refund.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't do me any good though, because after playing with the device a little and calling Kitchen aid's service department we found out that the lid wasn't secured properly and after we assembled it again it worked fine.
Malfunctioning of the cover was the problem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear it is back on track for you.