Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

My elna 1010 sewing machine is stuck in reverse. How can I

Customer Question

My elna 1010 sewing machine is stuck in reverse. How can I fix it?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, take everything - threading upper and lower, bobbin, needle, etc. - out and off. Then turn Off the machine.

Unplug the machine from the power.

Make sure that no lint, fluff, cloth fragments, thread bits, etc. are in the works - clean the bobbin space or bobbin holder space out. Apply new lubrication. Slowly and carefully, according to instructions for your model, put everything back in place and back together again. Thread the machine... see if it comes out of reverse when it is turned On again.

Let me know if the machine signals or shows any error when in reverse. And let me know how it goes, and what you observe during the above, please. Thanks.