Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

There is a F-4 appearing in my LCD window of my Brother

Customer Question

there is a F-4 appearing in my LCD window of my Brother Sewing Machine?
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(If the bobbin winder shaft is to the right, move it to the left. I doubt that this might help, but check on it nonetheless, please.)

F-4 is a severe error. Shut the machine Off, unplug it, leave it that way for at least 1 hour to cool and reset. Then only after that interval or longer, plug it in again, try it again.

If the error persists, I regret that it means the machine is out of order and needs to be either serviced or replaced.

If the machine is less than a year old, that servicing will be done free of charge under warranty.

If you are interested in options for having your machine serviced by a Brother Authorized facility, please tell me your local zip code, or your town/city and state, and I will give you listing to contact/inquire with such a facility or facilities.