Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

Our Delonghi Magnifica EAM 3500 Cuppuccino Is giving an

Customer Question

Hi, Our Delonghi Magnifica EAM 3500 Cuppuccino Is giving an error "Grounds to fine...." even when rinsing or making pre-ground coffee. The grinder is set to Max Roughness, Machine leaned out but error remains.How do I reset r fix this please.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your coffee maker?

Also do you have the user manual and do you descale the unit regularly?

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My machine is approx 2 years old and in excellent condition. Clean, with no scaling or rust.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi do you Descale your unit on a regular basis?

Its a process you must do to keep the inner workings clean.

I need to know if you understand that so I can go further with you:-)

Its not a condition that affects the outside its an internal cleaning process.

If you would like more info on descaling please let me know.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clearly understand the internal cleaning of the machine. The machine was de-scaled on a regular basis and all the heater elements, valves and pipes were tested for blockages and found to be clean. The water flows free during the rinsing process. But even during the rinsing process it reports that the grounds are to fine even set to max coarseness and no coffee is in the process,
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** steam or make any sounds when trying to actually brew the coffee?

Tech Mike