Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

My Roomba 880 went through dog pooh. I took the battery out

Customer Question

My Roomba 880 went through dog pooh. I took the battery out and took the cleaner apart, without fooling with any of the wiring and cleaned it as best I could. I didn't use much water, but it could have gotten a little wet. Not it turns clockwise about 1/2 a circle then backs up, and repeats the action. What can I do?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a robotics expert and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

What you need to do is remove the batteries immediately to prevint any electronic damage.

Next tip the robot tip all directions to allow the water to drain if any is still in there. Then, place the robot in a paper bad with about 4 cups of instant rice (dry) and seal the bag, shake it around a few times a day for two days. Thats should dry out or wick out all the excess moisture causing the short inside that causes the undesirable operation;-)

These bots are resilient and should be fine after this procedure.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try this and hopefully have good results.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome, please rate kindly at this time, then if you do have any other issues you can reach me by replying to this message no cost;-)

Have a great week!

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi did that work?

Please let me know or rate my service kindly so we can either continue or close this out.

Thanks

Tech Mike