Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

We have a Siemens EQ.5 TE503201RW coffee grinder, and it

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Siemens EQ.5 TE503201RW coffee grinder, and it keeps telling us to refill the coffee beans but the container is already full ??. We have tried to change beans and dried the container with a cloth.
Please advise ?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi good morning,

This is a sensor issue.

It could be that coffee grinds have gotten under the basket into the internal parts, you can try tuning the unit upside down then tapping the bottom pretty hard to se if it dislodges the tiny particles that are preventing the unit from detecting that you actually have added the beans. If that doesn't work you will need to disassemble the basket from the unit and clean that area out so the basket can move freely up and down, note it only moves a tiny fraction. Also you can shake the basket up and down until it moves more freely. Be careful not to cause damage while doing this.

If all of this still wont work, you will need the sensor for that unit, we can help you get that as well;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael