Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

Viking designer ruby royale auto cutting mechanism cuts only

Customer Question

Viking designer ruby royale auto cutting mechanism cuts only top thread
Replaced blade
Still only cuts top thread
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

There are 3 cutters on your machine. The first one is close to the bobbin winder spindle for cutting the thread before and after winding. 2nd one is next to the bobbin area for cutting the bobbin thread after placing it in the machine. The 3rd one is on left side of the machine for manually cutting top and bottom threads. Pull both threads into the cutter from the back to the front and pull down quickly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not answer the question. The automatic selective under the bed thread cutter or trimmer as it is sometimes called, will only cut the top thread and not the bottom thread automatically, which is problematic in computer based embroidery. There is a screw that holds the articulating automatic thread cutter in place as well as a set screw, which holds the articulating arm in place. I can watch the cutting arm move but it does not cut the bottom thread. I think it is just a matter of small adjustment of the screw or set screw. My husband and I have a minor in physics, so we do have good mechanical skills. What is the clearance setting for the articulating arm to clear the underside of the sewing bed and cut the top and bottom threads I think is really what I need. I think it is just a minor adjustment to the screw settings. I do not want to spend a fortune and be without my machine for weeks for a simple screw adjustment.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your embroidery machine?

Also when did this first happen?

And does it sound any different when trying to cut?

Thank You,

Michael