Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

My coffee machine shows f17

Customer Question

my coffee machine shows f17
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will only give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. I am a Master Technician and have over 30 years of experience Hands on.

4. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your coffee maker?

Also were there any storms or power outages just prior to this event?

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 years old CVA4070 miele
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a charge if you don't fix it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i get a f73 code
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi no there is no cost if I cant help you;-)

Tech Mike

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

One minute or so I will be right back.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Have you heard any sounds unusual like a snapping or popping?

Thanks Tech Mike

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

You need to follow this procedure .

In order to reset the brew unit drive so you can get the brew unit out, turn the coffee machine off. Then press <clear>, holding it down, press <on/off> then let go of both immediately. Then press <clear> 3 times. On the 3rd time, hold <clear> until the Service Menu appears. Then go into <brew unit> and press the left arrow button to turn the digital display from <off> to <on>. Now press the right arrow button next to <select> . You'll hear the brew unit drive turn. This reset it and now you should be able to pull out your unit or put it back in - whichever the problem is.

SInce this may take some time,

, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Please also let me know if you cant remove your brew unit?

In this case that error usually means there may be some grinds stuck in the mechanism. you may need to use some compressed art to clear that and one other thing that sometimes works with this error, reset it this way:

try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes then plug it back in and see if it re-sets itself.

Let me know how it all goes. Please rate kindly at this time so we can stick together until we have this working for you.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting a fault 73 and cleaned out the brewer unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to switch off the power and leave it for 30 minutes
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good let me know is it resets and clears it may if e are lucky, it happens when there is a blockage and that most of the time is coffee grinds getting up into the mix lol.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael
yes i think there is a blockage i agree as the machine won't disburse water out of the coffee spout so the problem is where can the blockage be as i have soaked the brewer for 2 hour and rinsed it and still blocked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything works okay but yes there is a blockage for the coffee dispenser on the 2 coffee spouts
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** as much, ita a common problem with this model.

If you have access to an air hose for filling tires and just a sprayer nozzle you can use that to clear the grinds, if not you can buy small cans of this stuf at many department stores, Radio Shack etc, they work well for this application.

I have never seen one that this proceedure didnt work on so it should solve the problem;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Thank you and have a wonderful night!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a compressor i will try it thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome, please let me know if that worked, or you need me further there is no cost for that either;-)

Please rate at this time before closing this page and have a great evening.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael
Still no luck soaked the brewer unit all night ant then used the compressor and getting the same fault reading fault 17 and 73
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

This may be one where the brew unit is in need of replacement.

But almost always its just a jam, it may be internal where the process to clean it isn't enough. You need to blow it out really good until it is clear. That is the only thing you can do , short of replacing the brew unit.

I know this can be a tough one and I am not happy with the design of this one either.

If you cant get it working it is possible there is a failed component in the brew unit and the unit needs replacing. That is what it sounds like since you have cleaned it well.

Let me know if you need a source for that part.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Please rate kindly at this time.