Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Panasonic vacuum cleaner model wc ug471-01 less

Customer Question

i have a Panasonic vacuum cleaner model wc ug471-01 less than 6 months and it has become very difficult to push and vacuum. I keep threads away from the agitator. is there an justment for high/low for the carpet. I remember when I first had it it was very smooth to run but now very difficult. any suggestions?
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
The UG-74101 adjusts automatically to the correct height for different carpets and floor coverings.
The automatic adjustment may be faulty, or the agitators may have thread or hair wound tightly around them if they do not spin freely.
Since the cleaner is under 6 months old, it should be returned to the retailer for repair under Panasonic's 1 year warranty cover.