Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I have a KitchenAid KFP1330 Food Processor - I was using the

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid KFP1330 Food Processor - I was using the multipurpose blade for the first time - it popped out of the locked position while in motion - I stopped the machine and now the blade is stuck and will not disengage from the power shaft. Is there a fix for this?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi good morning I am sorry to hear that.

Actually, what you're going to have to do is find a couple of fairly large, preferably very close to the same size, screwdrivers, with which you can apply pressure equally to both sides of the bowl with the blade that's stuck, and pop it up and off the spindle. It's just a smooth shaft with a flatted end on top, to set in a recessed area of the blade center. Not sure why, but sometimes they get really stuck on there and nearly refuse to come loose. I've used the screwdriver method for years in my shop with nearly 100% success rates.

Let me know how it goes, Please rate kindly and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael