Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Our iRobot has been running fine, but all of a sudden it. It

Customer Question

Our iRobot has been running fine, but all of a sudden it. It will not charge and no light will come on. Have followed the instruction manual and completely cleaned it. Even to the point of removing the back panel and thorghly cleaned it, even the battery compartment.
Please advise.........
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you do the following please
Plug in Home Base and place Roomba on the Home Base. If Roomba's troubleshooting light begins to blink and Roomba produces an error message when charging, tell me the error
Ensure Roomba is turned ON by pressing CLEAN. The CLEAN button will illuminate green.
Then Reset the robot:
700/800: Press and hold the CLEAN button until the display says rSt (about 10 seconds).
500/600: Press and hold the SPOT and DOCK buttons for 10 seconds.
If problem is not resolved, go to next step.
Examine the battery charger or Home Base line cord and look for any damage.
If using a battery charger, plug the battery charger into a wall outlet and verify the battery charger light turns solid green.
Plug in the Home Base and verify light on Home Base starts blinking approximately once every 4 seconds.
Clean the charging contacts on both the Roomba and the Home Base with a dry cloth. Place the Home Base on a hard flat surface and place Roomba on the Home Base.
Let me know the results please