Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Using my shark cordless first time. Their is a direction I

Customer Question

Using my shark cordless for the first time . Their is a direction I don't understand. I did the first part of the charging. The light went out and then it says to discharge the battery fully. What does that mean?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...shark cordless..." Or better yet, a link where its features may be viewed online.
Still, it would appear that the residual power of the rechargeable battery would have to be first depleted before any charging is allowed. Please try leaving it ON for a period of time to fully discharge the battery before attempting to re-charge.
The alternative is to replace the battery.