kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

My vacuum attempts to dock but cannot connect

Customer Question

Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I am Tech Michael a robotics expert.May I have the make and full model # ***** your robot vacuum?Also how old it is and when this problem first occurred?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a iRobot Roomba 595. At least 2 yrs old but not sure. I have reset software and cleaned all connections. All contacts are touching but cannot charge. Vacuum recognized dock and repeatedly tries to dock. Also battery will charge when plugged in direct to vacuum so battery seems fine. Light in dock blinks always.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, does the robot run ok when the battery is charged?is the only issue that it wont locate the charger, or is the charger not supplying power if you manually put the robot to the docking station?Pleas be clear about that in detail as many things can be going on but if you can helps clear this up for me I can be sure what is wrong;-)Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will not charge when I put it in dock. It does locate charger and tried to connect. Runs and works fine when charged, so the problem is not get getting any power from dock even though it can locate it
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that.Are the charge contacts clean and shiny? On both the robot and the charging dock?Also do you have a multimeter or a 12 v test light?