Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I just bought a used Bissell momentum cyclone vacuum, and used

Customer Question

I just bought a used Bissell momentum cyclone vacuum, and used it, and it worked great! I also use the little attachment to do my stairs. I put it back as I thought it went as I do not have a instructions manual and now when I turn it on the cyclone is turning and it seems to be picking stuff up but it isn't as loud and the rollers aren't moving and it doesn't have that automatic drive.. did I put the small attachment back wrong or what's wrong with it ?? I have 24 hrs to return it if it's broken. thanks, ***** ***** hear back soon. - Lisa
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If you didn't break it, it isn't broken and doesn't need to be returned. (If it's Used, be warned: there may be no warranty nor exchange on Used times... depending on the exact terms of the vendor or store.) I suspect that, when you used the attachment, you did not put it back in the right place, or the right position. This may have diminished suction. So, check (with the vacuum On and running) with your hand, here and there roughly where the attachment goes when it is not in use, for any blowing air or suction into a part of the machine. If so, I suspect a circular port may be where the attachment for the stairs goes back, where it may block the suction there, and direct it back to where it should be working.That's a guess, though. Can you photograph the vacuum as it is now, perhaps? if I could see it, I might be able to spot what went wrong.As for a manual for your Bissell vacuum... http://www.bissell.com/momentum-vacuum/ ought to be your vacuum. http://www.bissell.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=637 - and if that is your vacuum, this is a link to its manual. Try following the procedure there, for using the attachment - again - in every detail. Then after 1/2 minute of using the attachment, follow the procedure in the manual, for going back to normal vacuuming mode, again.