Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

Roundup vertical contact toaster blows fuse after a few minutes.

Customer Question

roundup vertical contact toaster blows fuse after a few minutes. Switch seems to work fine,
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.May I have the full model # ***** your toaster?Also how old is the toaster?And did this happen after a power surge or outage?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have to get info. It is burger King toaster. Commercial toaster. Not sure of year.im sure at least 5 yes old. It's a roundup vertical toaster. Model vct-2000
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
thanks for that.When you turn it on, do the heating elements seem to work ok?Also do you have this unit on a circuit breaker that can handle the power draw from this unit, its a really heavy duty toaster I wish I had lol.It requires a very good electrical connection and a heavy enough circuit to keep it from blowing the fuse. Please check that. If you still have trouble check the connection at the plug end as well ;-)I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael