Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

My daughter just got a Bissell Bolt XRT Pet 2-in-1 cordless

Customer Question

My daughter just got a Bissell Bolt XRT Pet 2-in-1 cordless vacuum. When she charges it, the roller brush rolls intermittently, even though no pressure is being applied to the buttons. When she disconnects the vacuum from the charger (after an overnight charge), nothing happens. The buttons don't work. Any help? Is this just a defective unit or or
are we missing something? Thanks!
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I don't think you're 'missing' any detail of operation. It sounds as if there might be an internal short, or a control circuitry or other breakage, involved in the behavior you describe. If it's new... return it promptly, I advise. Before the return-exchange/refund period, offered by the vendor or store, runs out. If your daughter likes the design and features, she should ask for an exchange for a different one of the same model... if she doesn't care for them, she might ask for a refund, or an exchange for a different model with similar value/features/etc. If it was bought 'used', let me know, and I will advise you further. Used or re-sold items (with a former owner) have no warranty.