kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

Need advise on a Proctor Silex Oven/ Broiler: Brown- bake-

Customer Question

Need advise on a Proctor Silex Oven/ Broiler: Brown- bake- heat- keep- warm. Model 0735 or 0736
Appears in good condition but it just up and quit me. It is perfect for me an elderly lady
who likes to broil fish and meat and bake in small quanities. I fits under my cabinets with safety space to spare. It is perfect for me. I have had it for a few years but it just quit heating.
What should I do? I can not find one in the market - the new ones are basically toasters but I have a wondeful 4 slice toaster. Do you know of a replacement item.
Or do you have suggestion for repair. I live in the "sticks" where this type of service is ???? I think non-existent.
Looks to me by the number of Flee markets along the highway and the number of yard sales that no one gets things repaired anymore. They junk it and buy a new one.
What advice can you give me?
When I was younger I would take things apart and repair them but .... now
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear about that. How old is your mini oven?Also is there any power indicator lighting when you turn it on?And are you sure you have power to the outlet it is plugged into? Make sure of that first, by plugging something else in there as a test and please let me know on that;-)