John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Panasonic mc-ul429, wont move foreward

Customer Question

panasonic mc-ul429, wont move foreward
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
It seems a wheel bearing has become defective. In order to fix or replace it, please call Customer Support at 1-***-***-**** with serial number on hand.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I don't believe that is the problem, all wheels are tight and spin freely in both directions. The problem is that it digs into the carpet piles when you push it forward, according to the documentation i can find, it has an auto-leveling mechanism, and I believe there is something wrong with that, but I can't find a diagram or documentation of how that works so I can troubleshoot it.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ok, make sure the selector is placed in CARPET position (not in Bare Floor position).
To see where is this selector located please check page 24 of your manual. If you don't have the manual you can download it from here ===> ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/vacuum/mcul429/mc-ul429_mul_om.pdf
If the selector is already in CARPET position and you still get the issue, then the vacuum is defective, unfortunately, and will need to be repaired or replaced. You can contact Customer Service at 1-***-***-**** for scheduling a repair.
=====
Please read below also: