Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

Recently purchased a hoover steamvac refurb. shampoos carpet

Customer Question

recently purchased a hoover steamvac refurb. shampoos carpet fine. while the upholstery attachment is hooked up it seems to be functioning fine as well, however when the attachment is pressed to the upholstery it does as it should but when u lift it from the upholstery water begins leaking from underneath the machine itself. it leaks out from under the side where the hose attaches and almost seems as if its coming from the small square hole on the bottom that has the clip in it you press to release the pump, however i am not positive. this is one of three of the same machines my mother and i have owned over the past 15-20 years, we also had the identical problem with one of the others, but never followed up on repairing it. can you please assist me in figuring out what the issue is so i can repair it?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 years ago.
There is a gasket/ seal near the bottom of the machine
that is usually the cause of this problem.
. It is an inexpensive item.
There are several parts suppliers on line.
Once you locate the gasket on your
machine it will mot be hard to find a match.
I will post a link to a supplier.
Customer
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 years ago.
http://www.vacpartswarehouse.com/Hoover-SteamVac-F7452-Max-Extract-All-Terrain-s/811.htm