Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

Fridgeadair frontloading dryer model # ***** dryer shutsdown

Customer Question

fridgeadair frontloading dryer model # ***** dryer shutsdown after4-5minutes all the lights above the pause button begin to blink no error message displayed. whats going on?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your dryer?
Also do any of the functions work?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the dryer is less than ten years old It seems to work normally but shuts off after about 5-6 minutes. also I'm not sure it is blowing warm air what comes out of the vent seems cool
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for that.
I need you to remove the dryer vent hose from the rear of the dryer its easy to remove, and run the dryer for a few minutes, let me know if the air gets warm or hot or just remains cold.
Also is your the electric or gas model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is electric , and yes it remains cool
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
This is a normal problem considering your dryers age.
The heating element the thermostat and the thermal cut out need replacement. You change just the element but you would likely develop a problem with the other two sensors shortly after. To fox this correctly I would replace those three parts and the belt. The only part that is a little expensive is the element but even thats not bad priced.
If you are just a little handy and have a few basic hand tools I will help you fix this to work like new;-)
You can save a lot instead of paying an appliance tech a lot for labor.
The whole thing should take about an hour to fix.
The best place to get the parts is this website: http://www.partselect.com/
They don't list all there parts but they will have all the parts you need. So its best to call them to order the parts:
PartSelect's Customer Service is available toll-free at 1-***-***-**** from 7:00 AM to 1:00 AM Eastern time, Monday to Friday and Saturday to Sunday from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern time.
When you have these parts just let me know and I will help you all the way through this repair. No soldering involved;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great evening.
Please remember to rate my service to you before closing this page;-)
Tech Michael