Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have tried days to get mymachibe working. I have

Customer Question

I have tried for three days to get mymachibe working. I have sewed all my life and I used to have always a Singer machine. I have had SO much trouble with this Brother sewing machine. I have read the manual this are no serial or year number. I have treaded the needle and the lower bobbin at least ten times.It kKEEps getting tengled and the fabric gets pulled into the bottom leverage . I have cleaned the bobbin area with the brush BUT NOTHING helps. What should I do ? Retunt it and get another one in it's place? Thank you C.M.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.Does this happen with all threads or only some?Try changing the thread to a different type and rethread the bobbin and needle again.Also try changing the needle, in case it is bent or damaged.If the problem still persists, check the feed dogs - they should be in the highest position for regular sewing. If the feed dogs are not raised above the plate it will do this. With the machine unthreaded and no fabric in, run the machine to see if the feed dogs are moving and are working. Always make sure you have about 3 inches of both threads before taking any stitches, and both threads are positioned directly behind the needle. ( these Brother machines are fussy about this).