Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I hae a Eurika AS1104 vaccum. The roller brush isn't truning.

Customer Question

I hae a Eurika AS1104 vaccum. The roller brush isn't truning. I have checked the brush and belt. The brush turns freely by hand and the belt doesn't appear to be stretched or damaged in any way. Any ideas?
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a burning smell at one time, but not now.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.This would have to be either the belt or the motor. If you are certain that the belts is not damaged then the motor may have burnout. However, if it's still making noise as though it's starting up it would almost certainly be the belt. Even if the belt is not stretched it could be not turning while the motor is turning and this is what would cause the burning smell. I would investigate the belt more closely and determine if that is the problem. If anything else was holding the belt from moving, you would still have the burning smell because the belt would be rubbing against the pulley.