Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I have a hoover bagless vacuum cleaner that is about 3 yrs

I have a hoover bagless vacuum cleaner that is about 3 yrs old. It works great, but the belt started popping off during almost every use. I purchased another belt, but it keeps happening. Anything I can do to prevent it from happening? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi sorry to hear that,
If you are sure the belt is the correct one, what will do this is usually just dirt and debris in the ends of the rollers on the brush.
What you can do is pull out the roller and inspect the ends to be sure they are clean and spin easily, if not you can pull off the ends and clean and lubricate them with White lithium grease in a spray can available for any auto parts store:-)
Also please check that the motor seems tight and in place because sometimes it can get loose from its mount and that would cause this as well.
Please let me know what you find:-) And please don't forget to rate my service to ensure the question wont close on us, and then it will also allow me to schedule free follow ups with you:
Have a great day!
Thank you
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks so much for your reply. What would the motor look like? Embarassed

Hi The motor is an oblong one about eight inches long and has a metal shaft attached where the belt slips onto. You can locate that if you need by removing the covers:-)
Thanks
Tech Michael