Bryan , Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience doing large and small appliance repair.
10522817

"Oreck Model BB1200DB Runs for about 5 or 10 minutes and shuts

"Oreck Model BB1200DB Runs for about 5 or 10 minutes and shuts off. Can it be fixed? Or will I need to get a new one?"
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, If the machine runs for only 5-10 minutes and then shuts off its the motor overheating, when this shuts off how long does it take before you can restart it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 30 minutes to an hour

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay the motor is overheating and shutting down, theres an overload on it so it wont catch fire its shuts down instead. in the long run its more to repair than replace to be honest. I would replace the unit rather than put money into something that has probably more than one part worn and needing replacement. that's up to you though. I hope this info helps. thanks , Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
if you feel you could replace the motor yourself there are motors available on Amazon. ranging from $42.00 up. you would need to find out which motor your has though,. heres a link to Amazon and motors. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=oreck+xl+motor&tag=goo ghydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=30942417141&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=661965381403419280&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5w33ycicjn_b