Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.
21107370

I have a CVA 4066 coffee maker and I am trying to take out

I have a CVA 4066 coffee maker and I am trying to take out the brew unit to clean it since the coffee has become very weak. I cannot remove it. It says to depress the brew unit catch downwards, but I cant find a brew unit catch. Help!!  I am assuming this is why the coffee is suddenly weak.  I also once heard the brew unit kind of trying to grind up nothing but air.  That stopped when I took out the bean drawer and wiped the excess beans tht were sitting on top of the intake into the brew unit.

Are you trying to get the Brew Drive out or the grinder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was trying to get out the brew unit first. I didnt know I could take out the grinder too. The brew unit clearly needs to be cleaned, Lots of grinds all around it. But I cant get it to come out. I can't find the catch I am supposed to release

Go to page 50 in this manual and do that.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

you have to click the download on the screen when directed to the page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I know what page it is on in the manual. I do not find any catch release button where it is indicated on the diagram. Should I send you a picture?

Sue

Yes if you can
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here it is. Does not show well

Ok you have to first push the white piece down and move the lever up then you should see the catch. The lever handle is in the locked position in that picture. Once it is moved then you can see the catch (3) in the instructions.