Rob, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

my bissell power force 68c7 will not come on i tried wiggling

my bissell power force 68c7 will not come on i tried wiggling the red button nothing happens
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like it could be a break in the cord.

Was the machine going on and off, just before it died on you?
Try wiggling the cable just near where the cord enters the machine and see if it comes on. Also try again at where the cord comes out of the plug. Both of these areas are prone to pulling and the wires can break inside the cord.
Can you also tell me how old this is please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried wiggling the cord in those places. The red power button doesn't quite feel right when I try to turn it on. The machine is about 8 months old.

It is still under warranty, but when I called the only place they gave me to take it is many miles away.

Hi Frankie

OK, if the button doesn't feel right then it may well be the switch, especially if it was working then suddenly stopped.

The problem is, the warranty.

If you try to replace this part yourself, you will not only have to do the work, you will also have to buy the part. This will then invalidate the warranty, should you have a larger problem.

I understand that its not ideal, but I really would recommend that you get them to repair this for you under the warranty.

Sorry there wasn't an easier solution for you on this one.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email